You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘links’ tag.
- To SIA or not to SIA? Link round-up.
- Why shouldn't we ration things with queues?
- La Rochefoucauld on human hypocrisy
- Preventing open-ended tasks from consuming your life
- Immigrants don't steal your jobs any more than your own children do
- Cowen and Singer on the marginal impact of eating a fish
- The lives you could have saved
- Steven Pinker on the motivations behind violence
Hi! I am a young Australian man ostensibly interested in the truth and maximising the total number of preferences that are ever satisfied, weighted by their intensity. I also enjoy reading and writing about the topics listed above. If you share my interests, friend me on , , or or subscribe to my RSS feed .
All opinions expressed here are at most mine alone, and have nothing to do with any past, present, future or far future employers.
Some popular posts:
The lives you could have saved
How feasible is a ‘charter city of refugees’ in Australia?
NEWS FLASH: multiverse theory proven right
Choosing the best status games for society
Eat cows to save mice? Hold your horses!
Beeminding your way to greatness
Should you floss: a cost benefit analysis
What should we do about wilderness?
- Off to London to update Jaan Tallinn on 80,000 Hours' progress! Fortunately, lots of good news. Check out our... fb.me/31kJwoKwc 2 hours ago
- ">50% of Americans support Obama’s plan for military action against ISIS, but they also have little confidence the plan will actually work" 2 hours ago
- The way to start an outstanding university is to have done it over five hundred years ago. 2 hours ago
- RT @tomwestland: Why do event organisers insist on audience Q&A? Get an expert to do it or give the speaker longer. 3 hours ago
- Awesome news: @PeterSinger, Sam Bankman-Fried and S Greenberg are joining me on the @AnimalCharityEv board! animalcharityevaluators.org/blog/ace-welco… 14 hours ago
- Scots both get control of Scotland through their own Parliament, and extra free control over the rest of the UK through @UKParliament. 19 hours ago