While we are talking about it, I also use BeyondPod to keep the episodes on my phone up to date! Podcasts are good for commuting and exercising, if you’re not yet hooked on them.
- About me
- Is the future communist?
- Why present the gender 'pay gap' as a moral issue rather than a profit opportunity?
- Quotes I like
- Is it bad to discriminate against fertile women in employment?
- Steven Pinker on the motivations behind violence
- Cowen and Singer on the marginal impact of eating a fish
- La Rochefoucauld on human hypocrisy
Hi! I am a young Australian man ostensibly interested in the truth and maximising the total number of preferences that are ever satisfied, weighted by their intensity. I also enjoy reading and writing about the topics listed above. If you share my interests, friend me on , , or or subscribe to my RSS feed .
All opinions expressed here are at most mine alone, and have nothing to do with any past, present, future or far future employers.
Some popular posts:
The lives you could have saved
How feasible is a ‘charter city of refugees’ in Australia?
NEWS FLASH: multiverse theory proven right
Choosing the best status games for society
Eat cows to save mice? Hold your horses!
Beeminding your way to greatness
Should you floss: a cost benefit analysis
What should we do about wilderness?
- Very much admire Obama's attitude and temperament. Doubt we'll get someone as reasonable and normal any time... fb.me/6QpAHC7EY 8 hours ago
- The Martian is a celebration of mutiny and appalling risk-benefit analysis. Still loved it. 8 hours ago
- Nihilistic password security questions. "What is the name of your least favorite child? In what year did you... fb.me/46GvYg1WF 9 hours ago
- "Recycling has been relentlessly promoted as a goal in and of itself: an unalloyed public good and private virtue... fb.me/4qnhj3NBL 11 hours ago
- "A heated discussion on the value of mass deworming campaigns followed the release by a team of epidemiologists... fb.me/6LLyc9oX0 12 hours ago
- "The problem with such predictions is that it is difficult to square them with objective reality. Why? Because... fb.me/6OxUk3VSR 14 hours ago