- Sex addiction a pathology, but not monogamy addiction?
- The lives you could have saved
- Is the future communist?
- Steven Pinker on the motivations behind violence
- The non-existent 'lump of relationship' fallacy
- Smart strange syndrome
- SIA or not? The 'God's Coin Toss' thought experiment
- Is a life of poverty better than no life at all?
Hi! I am a young Australian man ostensibly interested in the truth and maximising the total number of preferences that are ever satisfied, weighted by their intensity. I also enjoy reading and writing about the topics listed above. If you share my interests, friend me on , , or or subscribe to my RSS feed .
All opinions expressed here are at most mine alone, and have nothing to do with any past, present, future or far future employers.
Some popular posts:
The lives you could have saved
How feasible is a ‘charter city of refugees’ in Australia?
NEWS FLASH: multiverse theory proven right
Choosing the best status games for society
Eat cows to save mice? Hold your horses!
Beeminding your way to greatness
Should you floss: a cost benefit analysis
What should we do about wilderness?
- Writing a post on evolutionary vs revolutionary social change in which I endorse Lennon et al (1968): "You say... fb.me/2NkwQbZ6b 11 minutes ago
- Sincere question: has anyone estimated how much GDP/social value is destroyed for each extra $1 transferred from Greece to its creditors? 3 hours ago
- An unusual altruistic & heroic career: Witold Pilecki was the only resistance fighter against the Nazis to... fb.me/4UohUzDdM 5 hours ago
- This electronic mix is absolutely blowing my mind: soundcloud.com/bigwild/sets/w… HT Becky Rolapp fb.me/6ydcAzSeC 8 hours ago
- A common misunderstanding is the effective altruism = earning to give. This is definitely not the case; most of... fb.me/21EOYvgz5 10 hours ago
- Figuring out how to reliably solve sovereign debt problems before a country breaks would be very useful: "Sixty... fb.me/7vRUgAkBM 11 hours ago