- To SIA or not to SIA? Link round-up.
- Why present the gender 'pay gap' as a moral issue rather than a profit opportunity?
- Should you floss? A cost-benefit analysis
- Is the future communist?
- Why shouldn't we ration things with queues?
- The case for working on an AI singularity even if it is improbable
- Don't waste time to save money
- Sex addiction a pathology, but not monogamy addiction?
Hi! I am a young Australian man ostensibly interested in the truth and maximising the total number of preferences that are ever satisfied, weighted by their intensity. I also enjoy reading and writing about the topics listed above. If you share my interests, friend me on , , or or subscribe to my RSS feed .
All opinions expressed here are at most mine alone, and have nothing to do with any past, present, future or far future employers.
Some popular posts:
The lives you could have saved
How feasible is a ‘charter city of refugees’ in Australia?
NEWS FLASH: multiverse theory proven right
Choosing the best status games for society
Eat cows to save mice? Hold your horses!
Beeminding your way to greatness
Should you floss: a cost benefit analysis
What should we do about wilderness?
- RT @TiloJung: What to do & not to do with animals http://t.co/4KV8UMH8SK 26 minutes ago
- RT @cafedotcom: This Cambridge Philosopher Gives Away 60% of Everything He Earns. Why? buff.ly/1tNSoSW http://t.co/4SZr9DBeBj 26 minutes ago
- RT @sentientist: Apparently drunker people are more utilitarian dailynous.com/2014/10/27/dru… via @paulbloomatyale 26 minutes ago
- My talk on 'Classical liberalism and effective altruism: how can liberals most effectively improve the world?' drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_48d… 28 minutes ago
- RT @80000Hours: Should you focus on building human-capital or making a difference right away? A new in-depth analysis. http://t.co/gJBNfouG… 1 hour ago
- RT @ketanvaria: @robertwiblin eye opening talk on altruism last night - very engaging ! 3 hours ago