Hi! I am a young Australian man ostensibly interested in the truth and maximising the total number of preferences that are ever satisfied, weighted by their intensity. I also enjoy reading and writing about the topics listed above. If you share my interests, friend me on , , or or subscribe to my RSS feed .
All opinions expressed here are at most mine alone, and have nothing to do with any past, present, future or far future employers.
Some popular posts:
The lives you could have saved
How feasible is a ‘charter city of refugees’ in Australia?
NEWS FLASH: multiverse theory proven right
Choosing the best status games for society
Eat cows to save mice? Hold your horses!
Beeminding your way to greatness
Should you floss: a cost benefit analysis
What should we do about wilderness?
- Brilliantly clever demonstration of neural plasticity, force of habit and implicit vs explicit knowledge. fb.me/3SUzHdlZt 8 hours ago
- A Micromort: a one in a million chance of death. A Microlife: half an hour of life expectancy. How about a new... fb.me/3LZOHLIWY 9 hours ago
- "When you win a Rhodes, not surprisingly, reporters will seek you out and write articles about you. Most of these... fb.me/5ddRURJna 13 hours ago
- Great podcast about the madness of megaprojects: 9/10 cost more than planned; 9/10 benefit less than expected;... fb.me/23iMrpCst 16 hours ago
- If I have seen further it is by reading the blog posts of giants. 17 hours ago
- About to interview hero Prof David Spiegelhalter at Cambridge about risk, uncertainty and doing the most good in... fb.me/1PHkTvpqr 18 hours ago