- Steven Pinker on the motivations behind violence
- Is the future communist?
- Why improve nature when destroying it is so much easier?
- How am I most likely to die as a young man?
- Why present the gender 'pay gap' as a moral issue rather than a profit opportunity?
- Smart strange syndrome
- The negligible returns to cash
- Why stories celebrate conflict rather than compromise
Hi! I am a young Australian man ostensibly interested in the truth and maximising the total number of preferences that are ever satisfied, weighted by their intensity. I also enjoy reading and writing about the topics listed above. If you share my interests, friend me on , , or or subscribe to my RSS feed .
All opinions expressed here are at most mine alone, and have nothing to do with any past, present, future or far future employers.
Some popular posts:
The lives you could have saved
How feasible is a ‘charter city of refugees’ in Australia?
NEWS FLASH: multiverse theory proven right
Choosing the best status games for society
Eat cows to save mice? Hold your horses!
Beeminding your way to greatness
Should you floss: a cost benefit analysis
What should we do about wilderness?
- "With its volatile currency and dysfunctional banks, the country is the perfect place to experiment with a new... fb.me/7jZalKD0F 1 hour ago
- RT @sentientist: Ouch. And this is why @robertwiblin has called Google+ the "Teracotta Army" of social media twitter.com/randal_olson/s… 6 hours ago
- I just found myself writing this - is it true, or is it nonsense? "...while I imagine fiscal stimulus improves... fb.me/28sW7qU8b 7 hours ago
- If there's one country that needs more migration it's Japan: a sky-rocketing age dependency ratio; debt-to-GDP... fb.me/4PVQOp5TF 9 hours ago
- The US labor force participation rate is down 2.5% since 2008, while the UK's is at the same level. However,... fb.me/1QYLQVOaI 9 hours ago
- Bees use quadratic voting! fb.me/78EiDBNqN 1 day ago